Translate

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Solitude



 Solitude ~ pastels

Art is something that has always been an inspiration to me.  At different points in my life, it has been a tremendous means of creative expression.  I have created with art at times when composing at the piano has either needed to put to rest for a bit, or when it is the most easily accessible to me, like when my kids are occupied with a TV show.  I can sneak into the living room and quietly do something creative for a few minutes at a pop.  The vibrant golden color of the character's hair is symbolic of how golden solitude can be, and how we often need solitude in order to feel this vibrancy.  The disproportion of the shape of the eyes however, is symbolic of how solitude without interaction with others can cause us to feel an imbalance in our lives.  We need both solitude and interaction in order to feel fulfilled and complete.


No comments:

Post a Comment