Translate

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Tuneful Nectar


I drew a humming bird with flowers in colored pencils.  I had considered calling it something along the lines of: Humming Bird, but decided to go against the obvious choice.  I then came up with: Tuneful Nectar, instead.  I hope that you enjoy it!

I still prefer shading much better with graphite, as it is much easier to work with and doesn't put up much resistance when I work with layering.  However, I enjoyed the obvious aspect of color and creating in a new medium.

Black and white leaves much more to the imagination in the sense that the viewer can interpret the drawing with more freedom, even though a colorless medium is deceptively non-restricting.  I think that when I have some more time and our family gets settled into our new abode, I will start up painting once again.  Any suggestions on what to create?  If your idea resonates with me, I may take you up on it!






No comments:

Post a Comment