Translate

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Shades of Blue ~ Tile

My tile in shades of blue was so enjoyable to make.  For a few hours, being out at Artistic Expressions with some of our lovely JAG Air Force spouses, I had the opportunity to decompress from the stresses of the day, forget about everything, and just focus on colors and textures.  It was pretty much art therapy for me.  I made the circles with different sized sponges, and the smallest circles with the back side of the sponge stick.  I started with the largest circles as a backdrop and created several layers of circles of various sizes on top of that.  Next, I will make two more tiles with the same circle theme in two other colors and shades of that color.  Once my set of three tiles is completed, I will hang them vertically as a collection display.









2 comments:

  1. beautiful. simply beautiful. Image a row in one's kitchen - like the day greeting one every morning.

    ReplyDelete